Clappy on the other hand has been fabulous; I love sashaying around work with her in a "Je suis belle et ça ne demande aucun effort" sort of way. Seriously. Going to the copy machine is so much more stylish these days. Plus, my co-workers now think I am some sort of knitting-goddess; although I am FAR from that, it's still a nice bit of praise.
I'm currently plugging away on 'Da Bears, my Cascade OSW, Vineyard Socks, and a pair of Straight-Laced Socks. I am pretty proud of my shrinking WIP list, it's really just Arabella and the Retro stripes that have been neglected.
Last night I picked up some supplies to make a shrug for Kaci's wedding in 3 weeks, so once again Delia is working under a deadline and we all know the disasterous results that can cause. I got some other fun things as well, but I'll let photos do the talking in a couple days.
So because this blog is chronologically-challenged and I like to keep you all guessing about when I really did go out and do things, here is a minor recap of the 4th of July in good old:
Fish Camp on the 4th is such a happy place; Eric shows his patriotism, Keith carries beer in a rolly-bag, and Blake flashes the 'V-Face'.
Everyone gets in the mood, and you can't help but DANCE!
Of course, it would be the 4th if there wasn't some ridiculous beer-drinking involved. Apparently, 'shotgunning' became the consumption method of choice amongst the menfolk in attendance.
Since you can't exactly see their faces, that's Eric (Mr. Blake), Keith 'the shotgun-champ, and the Sac.
Of course, incorrect form while 'shotgunning' can lead to some not so pretty results (don't worry, this doesn't involve a 2nd viewing of the beer).
Roll-over to view
[This nifty little photo trick was brought to you Nona]
That's it for now. I am officially gearing up for 'vacation mode', because in 2 days I will be arriving here for a week of knitting, lounging, wine-drinking, and general laziness.
Ciao!
3 comments:
With the deadline looming, just remember this:
Wine and knitting don't mix.
Then again, that goes against everything your blog stands for! Knit, drink and be merry!
AMEN TO WHAT CHRISTIE SAID! Bad bad bad! That place looks awesome though! Hope you guys have some killer weather.
That's just not true about wine and knitting not mixing. Now bourbon: there's another story. Ask me how I know this.
Have a great trip!
Post a Comment