10.31.2005

To Whom Do I Owe The Honor of Great Mail This Week?

Thanks for all the feedback on that skirt. I really do like the pattern and am pretty sure I would wear it, but I think I going to put it on the back-burner until Spring. Seeing as me and lace and still getting acquainted, I think this may be a little over my head and don't want to make this a painful experience.

Onwards...

Yarn and Knitting
I got the most AWESOME surprises in my mailbox this week. To whom did I owe such a great week of mail?

Secret Pal, this package was AWESOME. I have never actually bought myself any Alpaca Silk and I broke into a happy dance when I opened this! They stayed wound up in balls for about, um, 30 minutes. I threw them in my travel bag and immediately cast on for some wrist warmers. Oh I love the card, that is so me and Viva! And those stitch markers! So cute! Thanks again, this was an awesome package.

Koigu is finally mine to try! Jessica sent me this as an exchange for some Noro Kureyon. I can't wait to make yet another pair of wrist warmers with this goodness. See the dpns waiting so patiently? I can't be held responsible for another started project if these guys just happen to CO themselves....

Cheryl, you must have been listening in a few weeks ago when I was furiously digging through my desk looking for notecards. Seriously, buying some were on my list of 'things to do' and these are PERFECT! THANK YOU!
My roomie and I spent all yesterday knitting on the couch, taking time out to go to the grocery to buy salt and vinegar chips. Just how much time was spent knitting? Well, lets put it this way: I finished up the alpaca silk mitts (still need end-weaving), 1 side of the recycled silk bag, the crochet edging on the baby kimono, all the decrease sections on the lacy kerchief, and the gauge swatch-satchet for Sweet Mary Jane. I also did some searching for a winter sweater to knit. I am thinking this sweater:
from Debbie Bliss Cathay, but since the thought of spending $90 on Cathay makes me shake, using Knit Picks Elegance instead.

Travels and Good Times
In between work travel, I spent a weekend in Capitola with my friend Kaci. We decided, being the crazy cat women we are, to have kitty play group at the same time.
I will say, I have never seen two cats get along better after being thrown together in a room for 10 minutes.
Lola (Kaci's cat) even let Viva play on her scratch pad and eat from her food bowl. So while mom and Aunt Kaci drank some wine and played at the bars in Capitola Village, our girls drank water from the same bowl and played with cat toys. Really, we were very excitied about it.


Of course, there was a little party called 'Halloween' this weekend as well.

A few notes on Halloween costumes. I would just like to make it clear that in my opinion, it takes REAL women to actually wear clothes on Halloween. And speaking of wearing clothes, I would just like to point out that 90% of my 'Hippie' costume came from my own closet. I had to improvise this year because I didn't have time to put together a real costume, like Witchy and Peg Bundy. And that 2nd photo? No words, I just think its funny the things I do when I come home after a night at the pub. I may answer the door like that tonight when all the kiddies come trick-or-treating.

Happy Halloween Blogland!

No comments: