2.02.2006

Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses

Guess who drove 30 miles into the Yosemite foothills to see a legend last night?

The man freaking rocks for someone born in 1933!!! Hell, he sounded better than some "artists" I have seen that are 1/3 his age.

I also got the idea in my head that Willie Nelson = shots of Patron. Can anyone explain to me how I arrived at that logic? Because the row of blue-hairs sitting behind us definitely didn't approve. How can you NOT raise a beer over your head when the great Willie Nelson starts crooning "whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses... " [watch video... it's a good one]


Re: my Fiber-purchasing obcession. I made it to the next paycheck without giving in, and since my WONDERFUL SP was kind enough to send me a gift certificate to KPixie, I'm going for it! I'm thinking sock yarn... yes, definitely sock yarn. I need one more skein on Art Yarns for Thuja socks (and they have the colorway), and maybe some Claudia Handpaints? Is this stuff as good as it's hyped up to be?

Re: Knitting. Not much of that going on lately. I've been a social beast the last few weeks, so I haven't had much more than 20 minutes at a time to knit. Someday soon I'll be finishing something up here. I think.


PS - I get SO excitied when I open Bloglines and there is a new post from Go Fug Yourself. Jessica and Heather are my idols.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Glad you got your voucher. And the answer to your question about the sock yarn? Yes. In this case, believe the hype.

Anne said...

I just bought two hanks of "chocolate cherry" in claudia handpainted. I agree, it's definetly worth the hype. It's shiny, and very nicely plied, and the colors are gorgeaus.

jenifleur said...

Ha! Me and my brothers refer to our biological father as Willie. Which is not his name at all, but there was a period during which he resemled our father. Which is too bad because Willie seems like a nice guy.

See, now I appreciate him. Willie, not my father. And many country legends I had previously spurned. Chastised, I am.

VickeryKnits said...

Yay! Knitting and Willie! His was the very first concert I ever went to when I was 5 years old--at the Park County Fair in Powell, Wyoming!
He is amazing.

Emy said...

Claudia's is great stuff, it's the same base yarn as Koigu, but painted by Claudia rather than the Koigu women. Claudia does have a good color sense though.

The MacKay Way said...

...nothing wrong with being a social beast...or so I keep telling myself as I pass by my knitting on my way to bed after another late night out! [grin]