5.24.2006

Nothing Says "Good Morning!" Like a Puking Cat

Thanks for the suggestions on the baby items. I actually do love knitting them because they work up so fast! and Chris - I wish I was talented enough to draw that; I think I found it in an online clip-art directory.

So onto today. I woke up to a pleasent surprise this morning - Viva hacking up a hairball next to my bed at 5:10am. Nothing like going to town with a wad of paper towels and some Resolve to wake you up.

Of course, I didn't get to bed until like 11:30pm because the completely annoying band of 18-year-olds living and partying it up 6 nights a week in their first apartment my new neighbors decided it would be a fun idea to climb the cherry tree right outside my bedroom window with flashlights at 10:30pm. I felt like the cranky old lady at the end of the street as I slammed my window shut and added this shinanigan to my running list of 'things to report to the management' but hell, a working woman needs her sleep! I really hope I didn't bring this sort of headache to anybody during my wilder years...

Anyways, I actually have knitting stuff today.

Here's Aline's back and fronts sewn together. I had to crop the photo because I looked like absolute hell despite 90% of my head being covered by the camera. I need to block this and actually put some [ahem] supportive undergarments on to make this fall right.
Cathay splits like hell. Viva got a nail stuck walking oustide today and let me tell you, it is beyond repair. I also can't tune out and knit on this because of the same problem. sigh.

I've also been slowly working on the Prarie Tunic in between the baby mania items. I realized what it is that I don't like about this yarn.


While everyone else is dying their yarn, I'm bleaching mine out. I think this tank will look MUCH better (for my tastes, anyway) after a good bleaching. So that's the fate. Here it is when I got to work this morning:


Note to self: Do not throw a project in your purse when you are 1/2 way through a lace panel. Just don't.
P.S. I have no idea why my hand looks orange.

Earlier this morning, since I was up oh, an hour early, I sat outside and knit a baby bootie. It was actually pretty nice sitting there in a blanket, with some tea and rice cakes, watching morning creep up. Of course, I had to seriously fight the urge to go climb the Cherry Tree with a bullhorn and shout "GOOD MORNING WORLD!" in the immediate direction of the sleeping 18-year-olds window.


Assorted Wool Cotton from Rowan & Debbie Bliss. Adorable pattern here.

So that's Wednesday AM at the Casa. Back to ploting how I am going to stake revenge on the neighbors.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Heh, Chaos horked up his breakfast this morning, so yeah, with ya on the puking cat thing!

I like your bullhorn idea for neighborly revenge. :)

Great lace! Hopefully your sorted out where you were...

Anonymous said...

To add - my cat did the hairball-in-the-bed-while-sleeping-thing yesterday morning at 5AM. Cats are just way too lazy - they could jump to the floor or something!

Love the lace!

Anonymous said...

Your projects look wonderful!

I almost spit out my coffee at the mention of the bullhorn revenge. I can imagine the look on their face when it happened. Hilarious.