6.09.2006

Night of the Living Dead [Bodysuits]

Reading all YOUR comments about tearing up made ME tear up!!! Then I re-read my post and full on started crying. I'm in sap overload right now, apparently. The big send off is the weekend of June 16-18th, when I'll be making my last trip to Santa Cruz to visit. Of course, I may be doing some extended cat sitting of Lola the wondercat for awhile, so there may be a brief visit to get that set up. Two cats! What am I getting myself into....

So I've been good about sticking to my yarn diet (22 days to go!), but I need to stop reading about Mason-Dixon knitting and the Sugar n' Cream revolution if I hope to make it through. Through this drought, I've experienced a new-found desire to finish all those old FO's (worked on the Light-As-Air sweater and Sari Silk bag last night) that have been laying around for months. I've also ripped and restarted the sleeves to Aline 3 times - they keep turning out HUGE. I even tried casting on the size AFTER the decreases and it's still dwarfing my arm. Can't deal with that right now.

Back to what I came here to talk about: Style. I had some extra cash laying around at the end of last month, so I took myself to Forever 21 to pick up some cheapo, breezy summer tanks for the 95-degree days coming up this month. A lot of my friends know that I adore 70's-style clothing while at the same time being a bargain whore, so this place fits the bill for that quicky, cheap wardrobe fix.

However, I was absolutely HORRIFIED at what I saw when I walked in. Excuse my french, but what the f*ck is this? I can deal with the return of leggings. I even totally dig the legwarmer trend. But THIS!?! Why can't bodysuits have DIED and stayed in the 80s???? Seriously, this is awful - it's like the night of the living dead! Do you ladies REMEMBER how much those things sucked when you had to use the restroom, the gnarly wedgey, and how they so keenly accentuated any buldge or flab in the torso region. Not to mention they made it look like girls with even the longest torsos had only 8 inches between the neckline and hips. AAAAHHHHAAHHHH!!!! Die!!!!

5 comments:

Saskia said...

I can only whole heartedly, whole belly-ly agree...!

Anonymous said...

Oh.Dear.God.

So frightened....

Amanda said...

That is just not right!! I think I am going to boycott....

Chris said...

I'm glad I abandoned any pretense of following fashion...

Oh, man, those MDK bibs rock - I gifted one on Monday and by Thursday, had a request from the parents for more... Plus I'm working on a log cabin crib blanket. Just call me an MDK zombie, hi ho hi ho.

Hmm, maybe I've had a bit too much Smoking Loon Chardonnay...

Anonymous said...

I love forever21 too, but ain't gonna buy that crap!