We stayed at this fun little place, which I recommend for all out-of-area visitors looking for the full "San Francisco Experience". We stayed on the top floor, which overlooked Powell St., and ate at some yummy restaurants all within walking distance.
The game was, well, the Big Game, where all bets are off and anything can happen. I think Cal was favored by 29, and they failed to even score this many points! Stanford really gave them a run for their money, but in the end, the Blue+Gold NATURALLY prevailed (not to say that they didn't leave us hanging until the VERY last play of the game).
However, the big winner of the weekend (besides finding out, at a time of total hung-over deperation, that Starbucks now offers a MEAN Spinach Florentine breakfast sandwich) was our pre-dinner cocktails on Saturday night. There is this little known bar/speakeasy that opened up in the Tenderloin called Bourbon and Branch and let me tell you, the entire experience was phenomenal. You have to make a reservation, at which time they give you their location and a password to get in for the night. Once there, the drinks were to DIE for. The entire table was more than pleased - I myself had this amazing Gimlet with cucumber-infused vodka, bitters, lemon juice and champagne. Not cheap, but I would definitely go back again. You should give it a try if you are in the area!
Tons of knitting has been going on. My fingers feel like they are going to fall off.
2 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend! Well, other than the hangover. :)
I was in San Fran last weekend too - my little sis lives there and it is fantastic to visit her. I am not a big city gal, but would live there if I had to pick a city!
Post a Comment