2.08.2007

My Own Special Brand of Fugly

I secretly wanted to live the 70s. I love the clothes (Frye boots, Denim Jeans Converted Into Skirts, Flower Power, Corduroy!) that everyone else thinks should die along with the decade, the music (marry me, Tom Petty!), the social activism, and lets face it - I have an inner hippie screaming to get out. My choice of college had was influenced a bit by this.

And I am in love with these hideous, green-orange-yellow socks.


Had an itching to start a pair of socks since I haven't knit on anything smaller than size 6's in a loooonnnngggg time. I bought this Jawoll Superwash Sock yarn in where else? Santa Cruz. It's pretty fugly knit up. But it is going to look FIERCE as some knee high socks.

[I also learned the Magic Cast-on for this. NEAT!]

5 comments:

Christie said...

Hot, hot, and hot.

Love the colors! Reminds me of the nasty 70's colored appliances we used to have at home.

Anonymous said...

I think they're great! And I love that yarn. I used it to make my brother some socks for Christmas and wanted to keep them for myself. (sadly, they were too big for me.)

Chris said...

Hee hee - maybe I should've sent YOU the yarn I just knit socks from... :)

a friend to knit with said...

love the colors.......super cool as knee socks!

Unknown said...

oh! I love it. Not fugly! "70's Appliance Colour Mix."