3.29.2007

The Reality of Life with the Twins

I'm making major changes to the Glee Top pattern after reading up on other finished products in blogland.

I've known in the back of my mind for a long time that this probably wouldn't be the most flattering top for a petite girl sporting a "more than ample" chest... but as always, I didn't care and proceeded anyway (I have the same suspicion with Aline which may be why I am subconciously stalling on finishing it).

Anyhow, I've been throwing around the idea of a) Making this a cardigan, and hook-and-eyeing it all the way down, providing more styling opportunities, b) Knitting the sleeves down to 3/4 legnth, and c) adding waist shaping.

b) and c) were pretty much a given, but I've decided that a) definitely needs to be worked as well. As much as I hate the purl, this will be a good move so I won't end up throwing it out the window or turning it into a cat bed for Viva.

So there. St St it is.

This will definitely be the project for this weekend - I can't screw up [*Row 1: Knit, Row 2: Purl*, Repeat from *] when drinking.

2007 Goal Setting - March Update / WIP LIST

Cool Weather Projects
[ ] Aline Jacket
[ ] F'No State Tweed
[ ] Glee Cardigan
[ ] Dollar and a Half Cardigan

Warm Weather Projects
[ ] 70's Kitchen Socks
[ ] Corset Top
[ ] Sunburst Sling Bag
[ ] Saturday Market Bag
[ ] Lucky Clover Wrap

Yarn Shopping List:
[ ] 10 Balls Patrons Grace
[ ] 10 Balls Andean Silk
[ ] 2 Balls, in 2 colors (4 total) of Andean Treasure
[x] 1 Hank Blue Sky Alpaca & Silk
[x] 3 Skeins Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Truffle
[ ] 1 Hank Recycled Silk
[ ] Undisclosed amount of Black Euroflax Linen
[ ] Size 7 Addi Turbos

3 comments:

Lorette said...

I missed your birthday; hope it was a happy one!
And I think it is too hysterical that the only knitting goals you have achieved are the shopping ones! That looks a lot like my list, if I was crazy enough to post a WIP list.

Carol said...

Here's hoping the weekend knittin goes well.

Chris said...

Oh, black Euroflax - I am dying of curiosity on that one. You aren't knitting yourself a slinky little robe from Mason-Dixon Knitting, are you?? ;)