5.19.2008

So April Showers bring May Heatwaves?

Today is our first day of summer hours at the U [we move from 8-5 to 7-3:30 so all the power generators don't burn up in the summer trying to keep this place cool], and MAN am I not happy to be awake this early. On top of that, it is hot as SIN here in F-No, with tempatures over 100 degrees for FOUR straight days in a row. I think it's like 75 degrees right now. In May. What the EFF is going on here?!?

Yesterday we had a record high (103), and we may do it again today (I've heard as high as 106 is predicted). Oye.

Luckily we were out of town and didn't have to deal with most of it, but it was still pretty toasty in SB. I was forced to abandoned all wool for this:


[Please excuse the less-than-stellar photograph]

The Ballet Camisole from the site formerly known as Magknits. In Cascade Pima Cotton, size 4 & 6 needles. This is my progress after 3 days - not too bad! I think it should be done by Memorial Day.

Other stuff from the weekend:

Osyter Love, at Brophy Brothers SB:


Our Girls are FINALLY getting along:


AND

I'm bringing back the Sunday Dinner Party:

[oh how I enjoy my beloved fiestaware]



I can't begin to tell you how good this dish was. I started with the recipe Chili-Garlic Shrimp from Cooking Light. I made Bulgar Pilaf instead of Brown Rice, doubled the amount of lemon & bay leaf, and added an extra T. of butter (something I NEVER do, but oh man, did it make that sauce good). Served with a Crisp Chardonnay and Green Salad w/ Champagne Vinegarette. Yumminess.

1 comment:

Sitcomgirl said...

Did you drive down to SB and back with the kitty and dog? How did you manage the kitty with the heat?? I'm driving north with mine soon and am paranoid about heat stroke with them!