I didn't catch a photo of it but I HIGHLY recommend it. It still has all that avocado-yumminess you expect from Guac, but with a smoother, tangier (is that a word?) taste. Served it with Tarro chips, but I think it would have been really yummy with the veggies suggested as well.
Before the dinner, I spent my Friday afternoon organizing, photographing, and Ravelring (I making up words left and right today!) my entire yarn stash.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Check out the fruits of my labor over here at Ravelry. I also have about 15 projects lined up with yarn I already have, so let's see how far I can make it into the year without buying yarn.
Saturday the spring cleaning continued into our closets. However the effort was somewhat deterred by a phone call from a friend inviting us up to the lake on their boat. How do you say NO to that?
Katy came along and got to try out her new life vest.
Sunday was Mother's Day and we spent some time visiting with M's mom and Grandma, then headed to my mom's house for dinner. I was in charge of dessert, and brought Mimosa Granita, served with Vanilla Ice Cream & Strawberries. Highly recommended, especially if you live somewhere like the Central Valley and it's already 85 degrees at 8pm.
In other news, I have been getting a mad, mad itch to start sewing again. My sewing machine has been buried in our spare bedroom but it is actually starting to see the light of day thanks to our weekend clean-up. I've been seeing this top popping up all over blogland and I LOVE it - I could see myself wearing it all summer long. I'm hoping I will have a few hours on my hands this week/end to give it a whirl...
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing that top! The ambitious side of me is trying to figure out how to modify it to accommodate this watermelon I'm carrying around these days!
So jealous of those blue, blue skies!
stash organizing, wow! I'm afraid to do it, I can barely find most of my stash, it's hidden in so many different places in my apartment. Looks like you have some real gems tucked away!
- Julie
Your new stash pictures look great! Sake soy guac sounds very interesting. I'll have to try that.
Post a Comment