Every time I drive though Beverly Hills the 90210 theme song somehow works its way into my head. Cheesy, I know.
Everything about this trip was great: I got to see an old college friend, the weather was AMAZING (oh who am i kidding, I was just happy it was under 100 degrees!), and the wedding was great. Fortunately for my bank account, we didn't have much time for shopping because the Anthropolgie in Santa Monica was FABULOUS. I did notice this though:
Seems easy enough to replicate, right?
The rest of the weekend was low key; I spent Saturday ripping out all my failed knits-in-progress and winding hanks of yarn in preparation for my 10 DAY VACATION next week. 10 DAYS. How glorious does that sound? Of course, 2 days of it are courtesy of the budget Armageddon the State of CA is in, but oh well. I am definitely going to enjoy every second of it. I'm taking along some ShiBui Sock yarn for a mini-knitalong with Twisted Stitches Lisa (we are going to be knitting Snicket Socks), but more on that later. I'm also deciding between 113-17 jacket with raglan sleeve and pattern on yoke in Ultra Alpaca, Elemental Boatneck in Hempathy (RIP Vesper. I should have known better that the pleating wouldn't work for the girls!), or Trina in Jo Sharp Silkroad Tweed. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Sunday night we harvested the herb garden for the first time and I am uber-proud to report that it is still 80% alive and thriving.
Above we have mint, basil, and chives I used for dinner last night. Delish.
Now I'm off to work with a migraine. I really hope I don't have to get used to these!
2 comments:
I am going to get my yarn wound this week for our mini-kal! And my vote for you is Trina, I think that would look fab in the Silkroad Tweed.
I vote for Trina as well, whatever you decide - enjoy your time off!!
Post a Comment