12.21.2004

A Big Thank You To Raymond, Whoever You Are

Tonight's entry is brought to you by Raymond Vineyards:
As in, I had my last day of work for 2 weeks and Mr. Raymond decided to fuel my packing expidition. Of course, I attempted to stretch happy hour as long as possible but is it my fault that my companions have to work tomorrow? I think not. Please excuse any excessive ramblings/phrases that don't make sense/misspellings since I will probably not be editing this for a few days.

So, this is most likely going to be my last entry for awhile. I realized that this will be my first trip back to Fresno (hometown!) since I ditched A-O-Hell for a wireless DSL setup, so I can't dial in from home base anymore. What I am going to DO with my life besides knit up a storm? Wait, did I really just say that......... Well, Jacqueline is challenging everyone to post old family photos. If I can gain access to that elusive 'internet connection' while I am home, I will definitely have some doozys for your enjoyment. I really was an UGLY 13 year old.

So speaking of that trek home: fueled by Mr. Raymond, I packed WAY too much for the next 13 days. Since my mom/sister have turned my room into storage, I am not quite sure where I am going to put all of this. However, note the entire bag devoted to knitting supplies. Must have that! Here is what I am bringing home:

  1. Merino Frappe for the Caplet
  2. The Noro Knitting Bag
  3. Cascade 220 in the Brown/Blue Blend
  4. Peruvian Wool for a Top-Down
  5. Blue & Gold Wool for a CAL hat for pops
  6. Lion Brand Landscapes for a scarf or something of the like
  7. The Mock Lace Scarf
I think that should keep me busy. WHOOPS, did I mention that I have a trip planned to 2 of Fresno's LYSs tomorrow? That happen to be across the street from each other, I might add.

Is this the point in time I should realize that I have an addiction? Or was that yesterday when I was at the mall in Bebe, joting down notes about how to constuct some of their 'designer knitwear', i.e. a long knit rectangle with sleeves. A sales lady actually had to ask me what I was doing - TWICE. And since when did cheap acrylic-blends cost $70?

But I do have an FO to report! I managed to finish the IHS for step-bro Matt. After I got the boot from Happy Hour, I came home to watch the Comedy Central 2004 Special and finish off this bad boy. I literally cried with this quote from Kathy Griffin: "Brittany is the new Liza". I could NOT have put it better myself. Anyway, the finished scarf:

Then the time to get packing. After 18 years of packing on a weekly basis, you'd think I'd be better at this. Clothes flying, frantic folding, not an inch of space on my bed. Through this entire alcohol-induced frenzy, Viva has chose to hang hide out in the living room on her favorite red couch. Ball O' Cat, anyone?

Oh no, I have disturbed the princess. Viva Sez: "SCRATCH MY BELLY NOW, DAMMIT!"



And Finally, a totally random thought for tonight: A coffee mug makes a FANTASTIC yarn bra.

Yarn Latte, Anyone?

Everyone have a FABULOUS next few days, and I'll catch you on the next trip around the sun!


3 comments:

Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said...

nice scarf. knitting is super-fantastic, i'm more of a crocheter myself, but to each thier own, i always say... well, i don't say it that often i guess. in fact, i guess i rarely say it... but it is applicable to the current thought so yeah... to each thier own.

jenifleur said...

Most DSL servers have temporary dial up numbers you can use. I'd like to see you work on all that while you're gone. I'm heading for the old homestead in Jan and I'm already having to think smaller in terms of my knitting time and what I'll take with me. Like it would KILL me to finish a few things and be left with nothing to knit for a few hours, right?

sillyewe said...

McMurray Pinot Grigio from Oregon......yuuuuummy!....that's all I'm gonna say....