12.02.2004

Dear Santa, I've Been A GOOD Girl!

LOVE
I am not, nor have I ever been, a label whore but I L-O-V-E this bag. I mean, if I get my big-girl job as a recruiter I need to look sharp, right? Anyhow... My dad emailed today to ask if there was anything in particular that I wanted for Christmas, so I had to throw this in just to see his reaction. I haven't heard back from him, which means that either:
  1. He plans on scouring eBay and other auctions to truely surprise his daugher and make up for the fact that he forget her birthday two years in a row or
  2. He has fainted from shock and is laying on the floor of his office, unable to reach his email to send me a prompt "NICE TRY" email.
Knitting things I am hoping for this season:

Today I finished the Mock-Lace Skull Cap at lunch, then proceeded to f*ck up the final decrease row. Did I frog back and fix it? of course not. I just did some creative seaming and finished her off. It turned out ok - I love the styling of the hat, but some of the measurements are a bit off - I should have started with 6 less stitches when I cast on, made smoother edges (i.e. 2 stitches of st st at the each end) for easier seaming, and the decreases should have started sooner so the hat would fit closer. I will model the hat when I get home tonight.
I forgot the Geogia Tech Thong at home this morning, so I started a pair of simple black legwarmers in Berreco Plush. It's been so fricken' cold in the Bay Area this week, I LIVE in leg warmers. For the record, I am making it my personal mission to bring back the high heels and leg warmers look from the 80s:

I wore this look with pride to Happy Hour on Tuesday. I got some weird looks but I will tell you, I was toasty warm and dammit, I thought I looked good ;).

As I alluded to above, I am a finalist for the Recruiter position at San Jose State. I had my final one-on-one interview the the Director of Recruitment yesterday and I think it went pretty good - [Crossing Fingers] This suspense is KILLING me!

2 comments:

Delia said...

Thanks for sending positive vibes my way. And I am definitely going to keep you in mind when I start the legwarmer revolution!

Jenn said...

Good luck - hope you hear good news on the job!

And I *love* that Coach bag! Hope Santa can appreciate a fab bag... :)