2.14.2005

Yes Sir, I am Guilty of Fondling the Yarn (and other musings from the weekend)

This weekend I learned how it felt to be a bonafide yarn fondler. More on that later. But first, the rest of the weekend:
Saturday night was the big SW Dinner-Along - and it was SO MUCH FUN! We had 11 people show (I am going to be totally honest and say that I can't remember all the names/blogs, so I have to wait until JenLa 'reminds' us with photos / names / blogs). With that being said, I am leaving the picture posting and cropping to the knotty girls, but I did have to steal this one photo: When Bennigans says 'death by chocolate', they aren't f*cking around. I was working on the 'sash' part of Kyoto most of the night and despite a constant flow of Fat Tire, didn't screw up any of the stitches.
Things I learnerd on Saturday night:

  1. Knitting with your right needle jammed in your armpit (as yours truely does) is not common. Silly me to think it was my stylish scarf that people were starring at when I used to bring my projects out on the BART
  2. Stylish stitch markers really are 'all that' . Marie brought us each a fun one - it was my first stitch marker that wasn't a boring plastic ring or beer tabs!. Thanks!
  3. I still hate drunken tone-deaf coeds screaming into microphones Kareoke.
  4. Don't trust La to be your time keeper (especially after 4 margaritas.... KIDDING LA!)

Sunday JSwag and I went to SF so he could look at a vintage Mustang he is thinking about buying. I was more than happy to tag along... and took the opportunity to make a side trip to that ellusive yarn store I've always heard so much about: Imagiknit. Oh. My. God. Luckily, before we entered the store I sent JSwag on a trip around the block since he has been so good about supporting my obcession habit, and he didn't need to see me panting and rubbing yarn like a crazed lunatic. I made it out of there in 45 minutes and with relatively little damage:

That's 2 skiens of Silkgarden (#88 and #47) for beanies, and 600 yards of Karabella Aurora 8 for Clapotis. Talk about yarn sustitution for dummies: this stuff was organized right next to the Lion and Lamb yarn used in the original pattern! And since I wasn't feeling the stripes, this was simply perfect. Now I just need something better than my ghetto-ass beer tab stitch markers for this fabulous Merino wool....


Knitting Updates:

  1. Kyoto: Back piece is at 9.5 inches, Sash is a 2.
  2. Mom's B-Day Scarf: 50% done... I've got until Wednesday at noon to finish!
  3. Jason's Beanie: Had to dive into the Silk Garden. Must... knit... with Noro.....

I also joined Lolly's Lucky-Clover Along. Yay for small needles! I plan on using my KnittingGarden.com gift certificate for the yarn. That's all for now - Have a great Monday Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valetine's Day!!!

-Secret Pal

Delia said...

Lauren - I'm actually quite undecided, but my indecision is keeping me from making my purchase so I need get on this.