So I ended up casting on for Aline (by the way, I realized I've been reading it wrong this whole time... it's actually the A-Line jacket, not Aline.... but I like the latter better so we're going to keep going with that, K?) because I wasn't in a Math mood last night. I'm digging the Cathay, it makes very pretty, uniform, neat stitches. And the weight will be perfect for Fresno nights.
Anyhow....
My post about Viva's cat bed has to wait until tomorrow, following my discovery of the horrors lurking over at Vogue Knitting in the March issue. I realized that while some of the designs are positively horrifying, most of my beef with this issue is in the styling of the models.
I didn't know a 95 pound woman could actually resemble a football player. I cannot peel my eyes from the insane bulk on her shoulders, to the point that the massive clash of color/texture/design is not registering in my head.
Has potential. What scares the shit out of me is that someone had the great idea to call this series of designs "SPRING CHICKENS". That poultry definitely looks like it's about to peck her brain out through her ear. (redeeming points for the fact that I LOVE her hair. I'm being seriously this time)
Lion Brand called. They want their patterns back.
This to me is the ultimate sin of this issue. The tank isn't bad, but did anyone else notice that you can see straight up the COMPLETELY SHEER SKIRT to the who-ha region? I mean common guys, I've seen issues of Maxim that haven't even gone this far. I feel a little bit dirty looking at this at work.
Due up tomorrow... blogging from the Central Coast.
6 comments:
Hee hee. Have you seen the new issue of Knitter's yet?! FUG fug fug, we gotcher fug here...
The mail came just as I was headed back to work after lunch. I haven't gotten a chance to look yet, but I did see that my VK and Knitters were both in there. Frankly, I'm more frightened than excited about the prospect of looking through them when I get home....
I'm totally going to spearhead a hostile take over of knitting magazines by bloggers.
Ha, I did not notice the hoo ha. That is rather unfortunate.
Thanks for the run-down! Being that I'm in China and photos of Who-ha's are strictly forbidden here... I'm glad you provided one.
you "crack" me up, delia!
hee hee, dirty, not quite-spot on puns. gotta love 'em! seriously, no one, er, gently criticizes knitting patterns like you :)
Post a Comment