However, last night about 20 hours of worthless knitting met its demise:
You may remember this stack of Knit Picks Shine Worsted in its previous form, as the Karabella sweater which I had been lusting over for months. Neat pattern, CRAPPY choice of yarn on my behalf - WAYYYY too heavy.
So I set out with a pair of scissors, a darning needles, a glass of wine and a lot of patience, and I ended up with this. Can anyone out there suggest a good summery pattern for 16 balls of Shine Worsted? I'd like to turn this into something as quick as possible so it doesn't continue to taunt me there from the dresser.
Also, I FINALLY figured out this set-in, top-down sleeve thing, with a little help from a post Lauren made a few weeks ago.
Viva supervised the entire process
6 comments:
Viva gives me kitty envy. Is she as soft and fluffy as she looks?
You won't use all of that Shine, but how about a summery top, like Ms. Marigold, or Green Gable, or a Razor Cami, etc, etc, etc.?? How about a Lelah or another "bare" top with a matching OSW or little shrug?
Or, you could go insane and make a bajillion baby kimonos with all that cottony goodness.
Awesome! Did you like the resulting cap?
Oh, Viva, you are so lovely and mysterious! Licks, Chaos
I hate picking the wrong yarn. And beeing a girl in Europe, using US patterns most of the time, I almost always have to get yarn other than recuired... it sucks! The largest online stores don't even ship to 'eurp'. Right now I'm wondering if the only solution is to get it wrong too many times and then get really (réally) experienced, investing they call that, right?
;-)
Where are you? Miss your updates. I hope you on holiday and to busy to blog.
hi, i was wondering what you rule on the irish hiking wrist warmers and leg warmers are for making and selling?
Thanks
Post a Comment