I have to take special care that she can see me at all times, and usually about an hour in, if I'm not driving (and sometimes if I am), I let her out to sit in my lap. I keep waiting for her to freak out, pee in the car, or do something equally infuriating, but in 4.5 years, she has yet to do any of these. What an awesome cat.
I had a pretty low-key President's Day Weekend, which was desperately needed. Friday night Matt & I had date-night dinner at another fabulous downtown restaurant. Saturday we stayed in and had some ricotta-stuffed chicken, drank champagne, and watched a somewhat-funny episode of SNL (please tell me you've seen D*ck In a Box!) Sunday was spent gorging on Tri-Tip and Frei Brothers Chardonnay at the church BBQ, and Monday I was finally productive and got some things done around town. My mom, who had been in the hospital since Wednesday, was finally released so I spent most of the day getting her situated back at home (nothing super-serious, someone upstairs decided she needed a "mandatory vacation").
With all the down time, I hardly knitted. Why you ask? I was too busy crocheting!
Emy, who's blog I can't seem to access, posted me some great instructions on how to take my SC up a notch to HDC for the bobble cardigan. So I'm making a dish towel out of some Lion Cotton for practice (I also made a food-mat for Viva in SC to get-reaquainted with the hook... photos later).
Not wanting to make my weekend completely knit-free, I whipped up the pattern-of-the-moment last night in some left-over Knit Picks Merino Style in Nutmeg. I used size 8 needles, only cast on 104 stitches, and did 2-less short rows. It still turned out a little big, but I have a freakish-small head.
Sorry for the horrid-photo quality; I'm running late this morning and didn't have a chance to fiddle with the settings.
One last comment: Have you been to the clothing section in Target lately? Their GO International Line is featuring designs from Proenza Schouler, which are FABULOUS. I got this blue-striped shirt, and a few other pieces yesterday. I love bargain shopping!
4 comments:
No, Calorimetry is just BIG - it isn't your head!!! :) Wow, she is a good kitty to travel like that. I have a hard time just getting Chaos to the vet - 4 blocks away...
Well, you can find me at eyow.livejournal.com, at the very least.
And hooray for crochet! I think I actually learned to do it before I learned to knit (you know, 25 or so years ago, or however long ago it was), and girl, I can granny square until the cows come home, but I never really grokked it until recently. There's so much out there for crocheters now, so it's quite inspiring. Happy hooking! ;)
My profile should come up now - it links to my Blogger blog (which is a) out of date, and b)about stamping rather than knitting, but whatever). I think I just needed to link my Blogger/Google accounts.
I have to say, you are TOTALLY right about Target. I went last night and had to stop myself from buying purses and shoes...
Post a Comment