5.21.2010

Preggo Rebel

I don't try much to hide the fact that I am a pregnancy rule-breaker. Chocolate? Started that up around week 15 when the nausea went away. Soft cheese? About week 20 (don't even get me started on how much blue cheese I've had in the last month). Wine? I finally said screw it and ordered (and enjooooooooooooyed) a glass of red at my sisters Bachelorette party at 25 weeks. Sushi? Started sneaking bites of Matt's spicy tuna around 30 weeks. I'm of the opinion of everything in moderation and my body will tell me when I shouldn't be consuming something.

This week it is Chai. OMG, I've been totally craving it the last week. The weird thing? I've only drank it once in my life before now. I happened to be crusing around the grocery store the other day (BAD idea to let me do this BTW, I can't tell you how many random items have made their way into our pantry as a result) and for some reason the box of Tazo concentrate caught my eye. I read somewhere that because it has caffeine and spices (Anise I think?) in it that it's bad blah blah blah... but I had a glass last night and baby DMC and I are still here to talk about it. Yum.

Anyway, not sure why I told you that story but what I MEANT to blog about was how hard it's been for me to SLOW DOWN and keep my feet up when my body is clearly telling me to (oh HAI Braxton Hicks as I type this). I know I'm only a couple days away from being full term and at this point labor wouldn't be risky, but I still feel like I have so much to do. Rooms to reorganize, clothes to wash and fold, swings and rockers and monitors to put together.


Katy clearly has no problem relaxing and putting her feet up.

I've also been kniting baby items like mad. MAD I tell you. I hope that Fresno plans on freezing over this summer because I have clearly forgotten that I live in a DESERT and DMC is going to be born in late May or June.











It's seriously a little nuts.

I've also now got an uncontrollable urge to knit socks again. Which I don't usually wear. ESPECIALLY FROM MAY-NOVEMBER.


Cest La Vie. At least I'm using up some stash yarn from like 5 years ago.


Other photos from the iPhone. My rose tree, AKA the Pride of the Backyard, is blooming and I LOVE IT.


I plan on sitting under it tomorrow morning with my sock and chai (shhh... don't tell the preggo police)

AND


Matt trying out the BabyBjorn. It's a good look on him. All he needs is a beer in one hand and a cigar in the other and he's a shoe-in (or shoo-in? I can never remember) for Father of the Year.

I think we should put Viva in there since she's about the same weight of an infant, but I don't think either of them share my enthusiasm for this idea.

2 comments:

Jez said...

I hear you on the "cheating" thing. I think we've (meaning, modern society) gotten a little crazy. When I told my mother some of the things we aren't "supposed" to eat while pregnant, she rolled her eyes and said she never had a problem with it.

In an act of solidarity, I'm going to eat a sandwich...with cold lunch meat...or braunschweiger. There's some rebellion for you. lol

Estella said...

Love all your handknits for your little one...he's going to be well dressed!

As for cheating, I remember having a glass of wine every now and then during the last two weeks - I figured the baby was "cooked" by then and ready to come out so it was okay to have a treat. To think my mother drank and smoked while pregnant with me and my sisters...I figured a glass of wine here and there wouldn't hurt.

Hang in there...he'll be here soon.