This weekend I was back at Heaven on Earth (aka Wine Country).
| March, 2005 | June, 2005 |
Thursday night was a trip to Half Moon Bay to watch Jason's co-workers AWESOME band at the San Benito House. Friday, was like Christmas; we got both wine club shipments AND I got my 2nd order [in as many weeks] from Adagio. I can't help it - I am addicted to the stuff!!! After I pryed my teapot from my hand, my roommate Jenny and her BF came over to Jason's for dinner [a dinner which almost became take-out pizza; I attempted making Risotto for the 2nd time in my life and it came pretty close to being a 'what not to do when cooking for 4'. Of course I saved the meal, but that's for another post.] We were tasting in Sonoma County all day on Saturday, then retired for dinner in the quaint little town of Sebastopol, CA.
There it is. Sebastopol. The main intersection.
And then there is me. I'm always the one who indulges a bit too much on these trips and ends up doing something goofy by the end of the night. Last time it was throwing all my clothes from the suitcase as Jason tried to get some things packed up. "Just Do This!" I exclaimed as I tossed them in the air with glee.
This time, I was taking model shots of myself in the car.
The next day, a very chirpy Jason and a very hung-over Delia went to watch Formula Races in Sonoma. I ripped out and re-knit the heel of my Vineyard Sock about 10,000 times before getting it right. I tried to blame this disaster my state of mind, when in fact the sock is just plain smarter than I. I'm finally chugging along the foot and hope to have it done this week.
Before we headed home I insisted on stopping in at a Ben Franklin craft store (I've never been in one and just wanted to check the prices! I PROMISE!). It one of the back aisles I happened upon a stash of Cotton-Ease [which I have now built up to be the Holy Grail of yarn thanks to the rush of excitment about it in blogland]. So I gave in and submitted to the power of persuasion and bought a few balls. I'm going to make one more stab @ the Mini-Sweater, and this yarn will be called into action when that day actually gets here.
Of course to GET THERE I need to FINISH something, and I am proud to say that The Farmers Market Bag is pretty much done except for a few ends to be woven in. I have never had more excitment crossing something off a to-do list!
I've also been working deligently on Hot Lava.
I was a bit hesitant about this one at first, but when I tried on the nearly completed shrug part last night, I had my faith renewed. I am using size 10 1/2 dpns and a 29-inch Circular, and I did the cuffs with a size 8 to make them appear a little more size-appropriate to the sleeves.
Some yarn porn and other knitting-related photos have been hanging out on my camera for quite some time now, and some day I might get around to putting them up. Until then, I will return you to your Monday.
PS - I'm definitely one of those people who associates music with certain times and events in my life, and just hearing the opening notes can send me back into a memory that is as vivid as it would be if it was yesterday. Two songs (Waiting on a Friend - Rolling Stones & Sweet Melissa - Allman Brothers) have picked me up and danced me off to somewhere else during this post... back at UCSB, sitting on the deck of Big Yellow - A cold Hornsbys in my hand...... AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.....
4 comments:
OOooOOooo Hot Lava...can't wait to see it all done up.
Wine...MmmMMmMm...
did you find any new wines that were particularly good?
Ooh a shrug in Manos! Yum!
Man! I was just in the bay area! I wish I had known that before I went, you could have gone out for drinks or yarn shopped with us! Dangit! Well, that's where my husband is from, so we visit there all the time.... Next time??!!
I just had to tell you that while looking at your blog, DH walked behind me and said "HEY, that's Sebastopol". Then he procedded to tell tell the story of how I was going WAY too fast off the exit and left skid marks on the road.
We stayed there when we had a weekend trip there. We did the wine train that time and it was really nice.
Of course we had no idea that we would MOVE there in a few years. I miss it, DH misses it more since he is so into wine.
Post a Comment