Once again, the weekend flew by with no intent of slowing down, even for me to actually dread the start of the week. Literally. I woke up this morning going, WHOA, I have to get dressed up and go to work today?
This was a great weekend on so many levels - I could sit here and blab on and on about all the knit progress I made, the great meal I cooked, and the Sunnyvale Art & Wine Festival (which I will, don't worry!) but it was just icing on the cake when paired with the fact that I have the best BF in the world. We talked a lot of talk this weekend - that kind that gets you all giddy about things to come and slaps you in the face like 'WHOA, is this really happening to me?'. < / mush >
Friday night was my cousin Mitchell's 8th grade graduation party. He's at that totally fun age where he is so easily embarassed and being the cool older coz that I am, I take full advantage. Do I feel bad about this? Hell no! I can still remember being 14 and I believe this is a serious case of "Pay it Forward"
This week, Jason and I managed to put enough plant food in our tomatoes so that they grew to be about 5 feet tall, then promptly fell over because we hadn't put enough support up for them. It wouldn't be a Saturday without a trip to OSH!
While we were in the area (hmmmm, how did THAT happen?) I stopped by Commuknity for a few bits of fiber bliss. Jason, now fully understanding my addiction to yarn shopping and my distaste for having to drag him along, took up a patio seat at the Starbucks across the street and called his mom (probably to rant further about my problem).
I have been resisting additional purchases until I actually crank out somemore FO's (to salvage a little morsel of my completely
While I was checking out, devising my story to tell Jason why I had more yarn (I just want to go look, I PROMISE), Emy (who was working at the register) recoginized me and said hello. Amazing how this little knitblog ring brings us together, isn't it?
Saturday Night I cooked dinner. I was opening my bottle of Joseph Phelps 01 Cab, so there was going to be no skimpping on the taste content of the meal (i.e. how much butter in those mashed potatoes?). I ended up making GRILLED STEAKS WITH BLUE CHEESE AND CHILES and HORSERADISH MASHED POTATOES WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS. The Blue Cheese and Chili topping was excellent, but I thought when paired with the steak it was too much. It would be awesome stuffed into chicken breasts and thrown on the grill. I also discovered the worlds BEST vinegarette, which I will share when I blog from home and have my notes sitting in front of me.
Sunday we went to the Sunnyvale Art & Wine Festival, where we drank some vino, browsed the booths, and bought a few things here and there. My big score was a pair of mother-of-pearl hoop earrings, and Jason's was a cityscape print of Chicago (his hometown). We ended the day by having an early dinner on Murphy street in Sunnyvale (my FAVORITE spot in the South Bay) and spent the rest of the night lounging and watching CSI.
| Obviously Wine Country didn't work out (BOOO) so we are going to Sonoma next weekend (YAY!). JSwag spent about 40% of the weekend working out the plans, before finally booking a room on Sunday. Hopefully we'll be hitting Barefoot, Clos Du Bois, Ferrari-Carano, Toasted Head, and a few others along the way. |
| Of course, I requested that we absolutely MUST go to Domaine Carneros, because, well, this place is HEAVEN on EARTH and nothing kicks off a day of tasting like sipping champagne on the patio of an estate located in the beautiful Napa countryside. |
This used to be Jason's stompping ground when he was a student at Russell Racing, so we will be catching the Formula Race at Infineon on Sunday.
Is it Friday yet?
I spent most of Sunday morning seaming up my Farmers Market Bag, and realized somewhere along the way I totally f*cked up when I lined up the gusset between the two side panels before seaming and one side turned out all wonky. Am I ripping back to try again? Nah. This is something I plan on throwing a bunch of crap in week after week and basically wearing the hell out of, so as long as there are no holes, it's A-OK with me. Just a refresher on what this project is:
It's Lion Cotton with size 8 needles. The pattern is based off of Zeeby's Bag in Stitch and Bitch
I'm plugging away in bits and pieces at all my other FO's, with nothing too significant to report.
Line um' Up and Knock um' down is the theme for June!
3 comments:
Love the June theme!
I am instantly in the mood for mashed potatoes now.
I'm with you and everyone else on the Cashcotton...fabulous! I bought 10 balls of it a couple of months ago for some flavor of top, and now it's time to tweak out the pattern. I want a not-too-complicated short-sleeved sweater, but not plain stockinette, because I don't want to lose my mind.
But that all means I'll have to do math or something. :P
AND, by the way, I'm so glad I was there when you happened to drop in! It all goes to the whole idea of the shop, that it's a place to make connections. Love it. :)
Sounds like fun wine and fun needles! When I read Clos du Bois, the French ad on the radio immediately jumped into my head. The bag will be cute. Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com
Post a Comment